Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

This past weekend was a particularly busy one.  It began Friday night when we attended the monthly Movie Night at our local church in Smyrna, DE.  Saturday morning I assisted our Pastor in a memorial service for a 97 year-old saint in our church, Thelma Shriver.

That afternoon we drove to Spring Grove, PA to attend the TFC York Chapter's 24th Annual Banquet.  We stayed in York, PA Saturday night and then Sunday morning we visited Lighthouse Fellowship Church in Red Lion, PA. We have been associated with Lighthouse for many years.  From there we drove back to Smyrna, DE to attend evening service at our home church.

Monday morning our Pastor and I drove to Linwood, PA for the interment service for Thelma Shriver followed by lunch with the immediate family.

Monday night Margaret insisted that I sleep with a young lady named Susan. [Did he just say what I thought he said?!] Susan is a sleep technician with Delaware Sleep Disorder Centers here in Smyrna. I spent the night with Susan for a polysomnogram (a sleep test) to confirm that I have Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).  My OSA was discovered while I was in recovery following knee surgery back on May 28.

The test involved a video recording of me sleeping with 28 sensors stuck to me.  After confirming my OSA, Susan woke me up and hooked me to a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machine.  The test concluded when she awakened me at 5:00 A.M.  I will be given the test results and recommended treatment after the data has been reviewed by a pulmonologist.

OSA could be a factor in my migraine induced vertigo.  OSA is known to cause headaches.  It can also affect short-term memory—mine is sometimes measured in nanoseconds!  Most importantly to Margaret is the potential to eliminate my snoring!

No comments: