Thursday, May 25, 2006

Wednesday, 5/24, on the chapel

I a day we had on the chapel yesterday except that Margaret was not with me.  She had a garden club meeting to go to in PA and rode with the ladies from the club.  She left from home early and did not get back to the house until late afternoon.
 
When I arrived at the chapel Chaplain Allan had stayed over and we went into the restaurant to have breakfast together.  Allan shared all about his recent mission's trip to India.  He had a great time in the Lord and has come back refreshed and energized.
 
Chaplain Allan left to return to Philadelphia and while I was finishing my tea Virginia driver Allen came in and set down with me.  We stayed in the restaurant and fellowshipped while he had his meal. (No, I did not eat again!)
 
It was about 1:30 p.m. before Allen and I went back to the chapel.  I still had not unpacked.  Everything was just piled up inside the living quarters.
 
I prayed with Allen and he left about 3:30 p.m.  Then I finally had a chance to get unpacked and organized.
 
We had a awesome Bible study at 7:00 p.m. with quite a collection of folks.  As the study finished we were joined by John, a drunk, who it turns out is also a poet.  John says he knows the Lord.  He was what I call an "alligator" - all mouth and no ears.  He liked to hear himself talk but was not too good at listening.  John left we prayed for a request from one of the drives who was there.  He came back later and gave me a can of beer!  He said he would regret it later but felt that if he gave it to me to get rid of it then he would not be tempted to drink it.  Someone told me they saw John later carrying the rest of the 12-pack.
 
By now it was 9:30 p.m. and I closed up the chapel to go home and get Margaret.  By the time we got back to the chapel and settled in it was almost midnight.  I'll be sooooo glad when we get the other car back!

In His Name,
Chaplain Sam Houchins
TFC Elkton Website
Personal Website

 

No comments: